Wednesday 27 June 2007

New Brown, old Blair.

Blair faced his last Prime Minister's Questions this afternoon and apart from a few predictable jokes he didn't get off too easily, in fact he looked like he aged a little more during the event.

Will Brown do a better job as PM? Only time will tell but with Cameron snapping at his heels he needs to work hard to win over the voters, whether with his actions or more likely (sadly) with some cunning media handling (a former journalist I spoke to a few days ago had some less than positive things to say about Gordon!).

Blair rewrote the book of PR and spin in politics - somehow I don't expect any such innovations from Brown but perhaps that's a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brown's only had a week in power now but with all that's been going on I'm not sure I've that impressed with him.

Unknown said...

I liked the fact that the Labour government blames others. They have a 'I weren't me boss' attitude. When they first gained power they would rightly blame the last government for cock ups, however this un-rightly carried on all the way to the end of Blair. Then just the other day, Brown states during PMQ’s, 'Well I've only been in the job for 5 days.'

Yes, that may be the case Mr Brown, but you have been in government for the last 10.